Take your live chat to the next level by harnessing the power of NetSuite CRM. By integrating NetSuite into your Velaro account, you’re granting users the ability to search for and create records within their NetSuite account.
Velaro can also post conversation transcripts to NetSuite, providing you with a complete view of your prospects and customers.
Let’s get started!
Add the Velaro SuiteApp to your NetSuite account
To get going we have to add the Velaro BFN certified SuiteApp to your account. Log into your NetSuite account and navigate to the Customization > SuiteBuilder > Search & Install Bundles section. Search for Velaro.
Choose the Velaro result and then select Install to add the Velaro bundle to your account. Once the bundle has been added a RESTlet URL which you can find in the Customization > Scripting > Script Deployments section. Search for Velaro on this page and you should see the new RESTlet.
When selecting from the two different script deployments that show for Velaro, make sure you select the one that is marked as “Released” in the status column, not the one that is labeled as “Testing”. The ID for this should be "customdeploy1".
Select the view option on that script deployment and then Copy the External URL shown in that view. We’ll need to use it in your Velaro account once prompted to enter your NetSuite username, password, and the RESTlet URL. Make sure to enable Use Token-based Authentication during the log in process.
When you enter this information and submit it, if your NetSuite user has multiple roles you will be prompted to choose one; make sure you select the 'Velaro Integration' role that comes with the bundle you installed. If you don't see this role, it will need to be added to the user you are attempting to login with from within NetSuite. You may need to do so for all agents using the integration.
Connect to the SuiteApp Restlet in Velaro
Once connected you should see your RESTlet URL and account number being displayed. Below that you have the following global options:
- Require users to select a CRM record per engagement – If enabled this will require a CRM record is selected for every chat that occurs. This means your users will have to always search for or create a record when a chat occurs.
- Require users to save their transcripts to the CRM record per engagement – If enabled this will require the chat transcript to be posted to NetSuite. Agents will not be able disable this.
- Allow Bots to create records: If you're using the Velaro bot, you can allow it to create records. Be sure to include all required fields for record creation. You can select a record type per group as you create these rules.
- Create records from missed chat surveys: You can also choose to create records from miss chat surveys from here. Be sure to include all required fields for record creation. You can select a record type per group as you create these rules.
Map NetSuite record fields to Velaro data fields
Below the global options you can add record mappings to your Velaro account.
Select + Record Type to add a new one, or if once you have existing ones select the pencil icon to edit.
Velaro supports NetSuite record types for Leads, Customers, Accounts, and Cases. To specify the type of record you need defined just select it from the first drop down. The record name is displayed to agents when they are selecting what record type to create.
The next step in creating a record in Velaro is to define the fields that go along with it. Simply select the empty Field drop down in your table, this will open up a list of all fields that belong to that record type. If you have custom field/s to map, please open a ticket with email@example.com. Let us know the NetSuite record name/s and we will add them to your options.
Expert tip! If you aren’t sure what a the field name is in NetSuite then switch back to your NetSuite account, go to create a new record of that type and click the title of the field. This will display a help modal with the Field ID listed at the bottom.
The rest of the columns in the table pertain to how Velaro handles the field.
- Linked to – This allows you to link a field value to data within Velaro. Select this and you’ll be prompted to choose from Velaro’s visitor monitoring data or from the pre-chat survey. Linking data to fields helps your agents by cutting out some what they need to enter while creating records.
- Create – Enabling this means this field is needed to create the record, it will be displayed to the Agent when they create a new record.
- Used for searching – This enables you to search NetSuite based on certain fields. We recommend selecting fields that have unique values such as E-Mail or Company name so that your agents get accurate results.
- Show when selected – This enables you to choose what is shown to Agents when they have a record selected either by searching or creating.
- Control – Select what type of input should be used when creating or editing this field. NetSuite supports some custom types such as the Company lookup, which are listed as their own Control type. If you select a list you will also see a pencil icon which allows you to define the contents of the list.
- Default value – If using a list you can define the default value here.
Once you have your fields set you can change the order with the drag and drop icon on the left of each row. When you’re all set select Save.
Using the NetSuite Integration
Your agents now have access to the NetSuite integration while in a chat, to access NetSuite select the top drop down on your right panel.
Your agents will be prompted to log into NetSuite, if their user has multiple roles they will be asked to select the appropriate role.
Users can search NetSuite directly in the main section.
If your agent is already signed into NetSuite through Velaro, when a new chat comes in we’ll automatically search for them based on any linked data you selected.
Or they can select the New button on the bottom right and create a new record.
Both my FirstName and Email fields were pre-filled since the field mappings were linked to Velaro’s data.
Once you create a record, or select one by searching, the record will be considered selected for the chat.
With a record selected Velaro can post a copy of the transcript to it once the chat has been ended. This is controlled by the Save Transcript option on the top right of the selected record. If you elected to require this in the global options mentioned earlier than this box will be permanently checked. Users can also edit a record by selecting the pencil icon on the top left.