To provide an extra level of security, the NetSuite 2019.2 release requires all NetSuite users with privileged roles to use two-factor authentication (2FA). 2FA requires the user to provide the second authentication factor when requested and is therefore unsuitable for integrations, which need to run in a fully automated, unattended mode. NetSuite two-factor authentication does not support RESTlets, which are used to integrate Velaro with NetSuite. This is a limitation due to NetSuite's requirement for the use of two-factor authentication for administrator secure login to the Netsuite application. In order to continue using the Velaro integration with your Netsuite account it'll require using Token based authentication moving forward. In order to get your account ready for TBA, you'll need to complete the following steps.
To enable the token-based authentication feature:
- Go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features.
- Click the SuiteCloud subtab.
- Scroll down to the SuiteScript section, and check the following boxes:
- Client SuiteScript.
- Server SuiteScript. Click I Agree on the SuiteCloud Terms of Service page.
- Note (Enabling both the Client SuiteScript and Server SuiteScript features is required to use RESTlets with token-based authentication.)
- Scroll down to the Manage Authentication section, and check the Token-based Authentication box. Click I Agree on the SuiteCloud Terms of Service page.
- Click Save.
Beginning with version 3.0 of our Built for Netsuite bundle, a new Role 'Velaro Integration' is included in the bundle.
To assign the role users:
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Users
- Select the user that will connect to Netsuite via Velaro
- Click Edit
- Under the Access tab, Edit the user's role to the Velaro Integration role
- Click Save