Take your live chat to the next level by harnessing the power of SalesForce CRM. By integrating SalesForce into your Velaro account, you’re granting users the ability to search for and create records within their SalesForce account.
What happens after a chat? That is up to you; Velaro can post transcripts to SalesForce so you’re records always have all the details!
Let’s get started
Sign into Velaro with an admin level user. Navigate to the Admin > Account > Integrations
section, and select Install under the SalesForce Integration card.
Here you’ll need to select the Connect button which should open a new browser tab/window asking you for your Salesforce username/password. Once connected you should see your account identifier being displayed. Below that you have the following global options:
- Require users to select a CRM record per engagement – If enabled this will require a CRM record is selected for every chat that occurs. This means your users will have to always search for or create a record when a chat occurs.
- Require users to save their transcripts to the CRM record per engagement – If enabled this will require the chat transcript to be posted to SalesForce. Agents will not be able disable this.
Mapping record types
Below the global options you can add record mappings to your Velaro account.
Simply select + Record Type to add a new one, or if once you have existing ones select the pencil icon to edit.
Velaro supports SalesForce record types for Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Cases. To specify the type of record you need defined just select it from the first drop down. The record name is displayed to agents when they are selecting what record type to create.
The next step in creating a record in Velaro is to define the fields that go along with it. Simply select the empty Field drop down in your table, this will open up a list of all fields that belong to that record type.
The rest of the columns in the table pertain to how Velaro handles the field.
- Linked to – This allows you to link a field value to data within Velaro. Select this and you’ll be prompted to choose from Velaro’s visitor monitoring data or from the pre-chat survey. Linking data to fields helps your agents by cutting out some what they need to enter while creating records.
- Create – Enabling this means this field is needed to create the record, it will be displayed to the Agent when they create a new record.
- Used for searching – This enables you to search SalesForce based on certain fields. We recommend selecting fields that have unique values such as E-Mail or Company name so that your agents get accurate results.
- Show when selected – This enables you to choose what is shown to Agents when they have a record selected either by searching or creating.
- Control – Select what type of input should be used when creating or editing this field. SalesForce supports some custom types such as the Company lookup, which are listed as their own Control type. If you select a list you will also see a pencil icon which allows you to define the contents of the list.
- Default value– If using a list you can define the default value here.
Once you have your fields set you can change the order with the drag and drop icon on the left of each row. When you’re all set select Save.
Using the SalesForce Integration
Now we’re ready to use the integration in chat. Your agents now have access to the SalesForce integration while in a chat,to access SalesForce select the top drop down on your right panel.
Your agents will be prompted to log into SalesForce with their Username, Password, and Security Token.
Users can search SalesForce directly in the main section.
If your agent is already signed into SalesForce through Velaro, when a new chat comes in we’ll automatically search for them based on any linked data you selected.
Or they can select the New button on the bottom right and create a new record.
**Both my First Name and Email fields were pre-filled since the field mappings were linked to Velaro’s data.**
Once you create a record, or select one by searching, the record will be considered selected for the chat.
With a record selected Velaro can post a copy of the transcript to it once the chat has been ended. This is controlled by the Save Transcript option on the top right of the selected record. If you elected to require this in the global options mentioned earlier than this box will be permanently checked. Users can also edit a record by selecting the pencil icon on the top left.